Prepration Time: 20 mins
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 45g (1/4 cup) currants
- Pinch salt
- 60g (2 cups) cornflakes, crushed slightly
Methods / Prepration
- Step 1
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 2
- Use electric beaters to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Fold in the flour, currants and salt and mix until well combined.
- Step 3
- Place the cornflakes in a bowl. Spoon slightly heaped tablespoonfuls of the butter mixture into the cornflakes. Toss the mixture gently in the cornflakes to coat and form balls.
- Step 4
- Place the balls, 8cm apart to allow room for spreading, on the prepared tray. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Cool the biscuits for 10 minutes on the trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.