Soft Onion Sandwich Rolls
Serving: 8 buns
Prepration Time: 3 hrs 20 mins
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 5 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup instant potato flakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
Methods / Prepration
- Place the milk, water, butter, salt, sugar, onion powder, 3 tablespoons of dried onion, potato flakes, flour and yeast into the pan of a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle, and press Start.
- When the cycle has completed, remove the dough from the machine, and knead on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 equal pieces, and form into balls. Gently flatten the balls until they are 4 inches in diameter. If they keep shrinking back, just let them relax for a minute before flattening. Place on a baking sheet, and cover loosely with a towel. Set in a draft-free place to rise until doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk together the egg white and water in a cup. Brush over the tops of the risen rolls, and sprinkle with remaining minced onion.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool completely, then slice in half horizontally before using.