Yummy Lemon Coconut Loaf
Serving: 1 8x4-inch loaf
Prepration Time: 1 hr 25 mins
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Lemon Drizzle:
- 3/4 cup confectioners\' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or more as needed
Methods / Prepration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- Beat white sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir juice and zest of one lemon into butter mixture.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, mixing until batter is just incorporated. Fold in coconut, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Gradually stir 2 teaspoons lemon juice into confectioners' sugar in a bowl until mixture is thin enough to drizzle. Transfer mixture to a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Gently squeeze bag and drizzle mixture evenly over the loaf.