Stuffed Mushrooms with Pecans
Prepration Time: 1 Hours 21 Minutes
- 2 medium leeks
- 1 (16-oz.) package fresh mushrooms (about 24 medium-size mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
Methods / Prepration
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Remove and discard root ends and dark green tops of leeks. Thinly slice leeks, and rinse thoroughly under cold running water to remove grit and sand.
- 2. Rinse mushrooms, and pat dry. Remove and discard stems. Place mushrooms, upside down, on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt; invert mushrooms.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 4. Sauté leeks, shallots, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt until well combined. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoonful leek mixture into each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden. Garnish, if desired.