Serving: 4 servings
Prepration Time: 2 hrs 15 mins
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup gin
- 1 tablespoon dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon green olive brine
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 (1/2 pound) beef sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper to taste
Methods / Prepration
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, barbecue sauce, gin, vermouth, olive brine, and basil.
- Sprinkle each steak with salt and pepper, and place in resealable sandwich bags. Divide marinade between each bag, and seal. Ensure that marinade is evenly distributed around steaks. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Remove steaks from bags, and discard marinade. Grill steaks for 7 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.